Now, nothing is more discouraging for a woman who is dedicated to exercise than to gain weight. At this point I am having to look at the other positive perks of exercising and not give up.
- I have a lot better endurance than I used to. . .this morning I ran for 2.5 miles with a group of women and felt like going more. (This may not be big for some people but it is really good for me since I am used to working out on a treadmill or elliptical)
- able to pick up heavy things like my kids and have fun swinging them around!!!
- everyone says that muscle weighs more than fat so maybe there is hope for my weight gain.
- my grandmother has osteoporosis and we have the body type that is prone to osteoporosis. Strength training fights osteoporosis.
- more energy, especially in the morning to early afternoon.
- makes you choose a little more wisely during the day with your eating because you know it takes a lot to work those calories off.
- helps fight depression
- gives you a better self image which is a great benefit to your marriage
- gives you determination to reach your goals (making a choice each day to get out of bed and exercise
- take the time to see the beauty of God's creation when running outdoors
- helps you rely on the strength of the Lord when working out is tough
- listen to music while I run which has been good for my soul
- get to see my friends a lot during the week
- able to meet new people through a running/walking club
- continue to develop friendships with people I already know, but also have an interest in exercise
I would love to know how exercise has helped you or what you do when discouragement sets in. Share your hints with all of us. Happy Exercising!