Menu Plan Monday

I don't know about you, but it's hard for me to think about food! We ate so much last week with our friends that we are still stuffed turkeys! So here is the scoop on "The Week of Cooking Dread!"

Monday - leftover BBQ/cole slaw also leftover turkey pot pie (recipe below)

I love my own pot pie-way better than the kind you buy at the store!

1 lb cooked ckn or turkey chopped
1 can cream of chicken
1/2 cup milk
1 can of veg all (brand name. . .located by green beans and corn in a can)-drain liquid, but keep a little
salt and pepper
2 pie crusts

Mix all of these ingredients together and pour in bottom pie crust

I get deep dish from Kroger ( cut edge off of top one and place it on top of the bottom one with ingredients in the bottom one)

Cut an X in the top so that it will not spill over.

Place it on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until golden brown on top. My kids love this recipe and ask for it a lot. Plus, it has veggies. Yay! Make sure that you let it rest for a minute because it is not only juicy, but very hot!

Tuesday - sausage and pancakes and I better add fruit before the fruit nazi's get onto me for neglecting my children. . .dad has a meeting this night

Wednesday - chili/cheese/crackers

Thursday - Mushroom-Chicken Bake, rice, green beans and rolls

1 2 1/2-3 lb broiler fryer ( I will probably use chicken thighs)
1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Place chicken in a greased 9 X 13 baking dish. Drizzle dressing over chicken; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp paprika and pepper. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes basting occasionally. Turn ckn and add mushrooms; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining paprika. Bake 30 more minutes or until ckn is tender.

(Prep 6 minutes and and Cook 1 hour)

Friday - Homeschool Trip to Governor's Mansion; I will probably be tired when I come home; may go to in-laws, but if I don't. . .Grilled Cheese with Chips and Salsa

Saturday - Local Christmas Parade. . . our church always hands out hot cocoa and cookies for free because we are located on the parade path. Fun stuff! May run by Sonic or may have leftovers.

Sunday - you guessed it. . .Taco Salad

Holiday Baking- (recipes coming next week cuz I am running out of time on this post. . .lots of work today)

Peppermint Bark
Mini Banana Nut Bread Loaves-bought pampered chef mini loaf pan and will give these out as Christmas presents to friends and neighbors
More Crock Pot Candy-since we just about ate all of our Christmas presents last week! :)

4 comments:

crystal said...

Your turkey pot pie and chicken bake sound deeee-lish! Can't wait to try them. I'm excited to see how to make crock pot candy...

John Mark said...

Yum... I wish my wife was as cool as you Mrs. Clappy Shoes.

:-)

Wendy said...

This sounds so yummy, but I'm having trouble understanding the pie crust thing. Do you thaw it out? or do you invert the upper crust over the fillings? Thanks!

Wendy

Unknown said...

Yes, you invert the top crust over the bottom crust. I usually cut the edges off of the top crust and flip it over. You may need to thaw it for a few minutes if you don't want it to crack. Great comments