Help Me Rhonda!

Whoever this Rhonda girl is, maybe she can help! I absolutely love my life, but do you ever feel like maybe you bit off a little more than you can chew? I do every day and as the Lord continues to mold me and guide me I know that He will have to be the one to get me out of bed each morning to live this life of mine!

I do all of the things that I love. . .spend time with my kids including all day with one, help with my church, hang out with my hubby (this list in no particular order), cook, exercise (this list is definitely not in order) and chat with every person I meet along the way and I mean everyone. But when you add all of this up, it can be quite overwhelming.

Especially Spring time. I have two kids that are going to be playing ball. One has had evidence of that on her face (it was purple and green and looked like an easter egg. . .I will let you guess). It just gets really busy. So what am I doing to make sure the insanity does not get to me. . .oops I may be too late?

So this is my sure-fire way to keep my game face on and be ready for the chaos.

  • I am resting in the Lord. . .casting all of my cares upon Him because I know He is big enough to handle it.
  • Taking a nap.
  • Taking frequent baths.
  • Reading a book that is fun.
  • Delegating (another word for bossing)
  • Praying the Sinner's Prayer all day :)
  • Exercising through the stress. . .taking out my aggression on the gym, not my husband :)
  • Staying in the Word to encourage me and bring me back to the big plan
These are a few things to remember as life gets wild. Gotta run . . .the hoodlums are coming in.

What do you do to keep life spinning, but without looking like a screaming banshee?

4 comments:

chona said...

You forgot to mention in your list work - and may I say, you do it very well! It looks like you have your priorities in order, and that's what counts! My additional advice is that it IS OKAY to occasionally say NO! Have a wonderful Christ-centered Easter, my friend!

Rhesa said...

Hey, crazy college friend lady! I miss you! I love blogs, because I can catch up on you without having to travel to see you! Looks like ya'll are doing great. We need to see each other sometime!
Love,
LaRhesa

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Mantra's help me like "Perfect love casts out fear" and I am a child of God, etc. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow - you're amazing! Juggling 2 kids and all those activities...I get overwhelmed with just 1/10 of what you do.

Mantras definitely help to keep me focused and calm. Totally necessary for me during stressful times especially (but of course I should practice continually). Something really simple but profound like the Jesus Prayer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Prayer (Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.) is my number one re-focusing tool. It can totally calm me and focus my heart.