Menu Plan Monday- July 28th

Day One - I have all of the ingredients for this Crockpot Thai Chicken that organizing junkie made- I made this earlier in the year and I really liked it. . . my kids were not too fond but they ate it! So there you have it.
Day Two - I have a lot of potatoes that need to be eaten so we will have Cheesiest Potato Soup; It is kind of hot for this but it's all for the sake of the budget :)
Day Three - French Toast and bacon
Day Four - Chicken Caesar Salad
Day Five - Carbin' Up with Spaghetti and French Bread for my race
Day Six - My Four Mile Classic Run- pray for me because I have shin splints and I have worked so hard to this point; pray that they will not prohibit me from doing my best; I love this recipe idea that I got off of Three Ladies and a Dad blog; grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken Packets; I will make some rice to go on the side
Day Seven - We usually have leftovers or cheese quesadillas or some kind of taco salad; I have not been buying hamburger meat lately because it is too expensive and kind of on the do not eat list! :(

Looks like it is going to be a great food week! :) I made this awesome banana walnut loaf earlier in the week as well. I made it in my Pampered Chef Four Mini Loaf Pan and we have had a loaf a day. I love it.

Banana Walnut Bread
2 cups sifted flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup margarine
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 mashed bananas

Measure and sift together flour, soda and salt. Set aside. Cream margarine and add sugar. Cream this. Add eggs and vanilla. Add bananas. Fold in dry ingredients. Place in well greased loaf pan. Bake 325 for 55 - 60 minutes (less if you use mini loaf pan). Test with toothpick.

Enjoy and have a great menu planned week!

1 comment:

Mrs. Jones said...

Yumm. That looks like a good menu. I might try 1 or 2 of those recipes.

Thanks for stopping by ... I've been busy with VBS at my church, but plan on posting something today. I promise!

I'm off to wrangle a few hundred kids, but I'll be back ...

~Heather