Menu Plan Monday - July 21st

For my poor Prince Charming's sake, I am trying to change the way I lay out my menu . He gets really upset when he sees that we are having pork chops on Monday and then we do not have them until Wednesday. Sometimes I just get busy and have to do a different meal on a different night. That is just the way it works, but for now I am going to try to change it to just a general plan of our meals. We WILL eat all of these things, it just may be in a different order. Do you hear that PC? :)

I reserve the right to change the meal plan.

Day One - Sloppy Joes and french fries because we still have them from last week due to the leftover night we had on Friday.
Day Two - Chicken on Sale at El Kroger this week. Yay!

Crunchy Baked Chicken

Defrost 2 pounds of chicken breasts - can be the tenderloins or full breasts
Dredge chicken in butter that is mixed with on package Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix - found with packaged ranch dressing mix
Dredge and coat in Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix that has been crushed in a ziploc bag
Bake chicken, covered at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes - depending on size of chicken
Take the aluminum foil off for about 5 - 10 minutes before taking out of the oven.
This is flavorful, yummy chicken. You will love it and it can be cut up for chicken nuggets for your kids as well. It tastes amazing on the top of a salad too.
Serve with hot buttered noodles, salad or green beans and bread. OOOH La La!

Day Three - Ham that I bought on sale last week and potato salad. . .this is my all time favorite meal by far!!!
Day Four - Greek Pasta Salad and hot buttered bread - I had a version of this pasta salad last week to celebrate the end of my Vertically Inclined Bible Study and I keep thinking about it - very yummy and summery
Day Five - Ham Sandwiches or ham and cheese omelets. . whichever I am in the mood for
Day Six - busy day with a wedding to attend as well as a birthday party; probably no dinner will be cooked
Day Seven - same ole, same ole Incredible Taco Salad Madness!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'll have to try that chicken. Isn't it so funny that the hubby's see a menu they think its written in stone?

Kids are the weighing factor for our menu.. if they are screaming, crying, and whining.. the menu changes! :)