This post is to celebrate the fact that my Monday blahs are over that I have had for the last two Mondays. Between homeschooling my darling son and working about 30-35 hours a week for AL, I have not been looking forward to Mondays. Ok, so I know that I am counting my chickens before they hatch, seeing that it is still just Sunday evening. (which just a tidbit of trivia "count your chickens before they hatch" is a phrase coined by that Aesop Fables guy who wrote, The Milkmaid and her Pail. Just read that one the other day with that cute home school kid. Also, in case you didn't know, I am experiencing culture and education on the backside of life by homeschooling my son. I am learning along with him and am perhaps a little more interested than him.)
You know the saying, "Failure to plan is planning for failure!" That phrase is at the bottom of my collaborating home school teacher's emails and it is nothing less than true. I have planned to the best of my ability tonight hoping for success tomorrow. Hopefully next Sunday I can look at this post and say "check, did that, did that, Yay!"
- prepared lessons for the WEEK
- grocery shopped and made dinner list for the WEEK
- made to do list for work (Phone Interviews, Follow Up With, and Conference Calls)
- the best thing that I did tonight. . . I called someone from my daughter's school and told them that Mondays were too difficult for me to do prayer group and she was so flexible and we changed it to Tuesdays! That relieved like 98% of my burden. I was filling bad about not being a prayer warrior for my kids and realized that I cannot fulfill my duties as a working mom and actually get out of my house an hour earlier than normal to pick up my gal. Just not doable, without me being frantic about my work.
- figured out something simple to take to small group tomorrow night and something difficult if time permits (the something simple will be a watermelon that we are still growing! and the something difficult will be caramel apples rolled in nuts; oh my word!!!)
- this was pretty close to the best thing.. .I cleaned out the litter box that is in the bathroom off the side of my office. Usually I have to hold my nose while talking on the phone because it stinks so bad. . .not tomorrow! :) I can talk on the phone in a regular voice!