Issuing a "Talk Switch Challenge" to Myself and My Friends September 28 - 30



Phillipians 2:14-15 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may be blameless and pure, children of God without blemish though you live in a crooked and perverse society, in which you shine as lights in the world

Note: The image above is taken from google images and I thought it was very appropriate for the topic. You got it. . .for the weekend let's try not to grumble (complain) or argue. Actually let's do better than try, let's DO IT!!! This weekend I am going on a "Girl's Weekend" to do some crafty things and to shop. I started thinking about how when girls get together sometimes it can leave you feeling empty and down when it was really meant for fun. My heart asked me why and what I think happens sometimes is that when women get together we start complaining. Did you get that? I did not say they start complaining, but we! I am the biggest baddest whiner, complainer there is. I complain about my husband, my kids, my job, my car, my stinky birthday. . .well you know here I go again starting down that road again!


We pause to take time to remember Whitesnake, the band!! Going down the only road I've ever known, like a drifter I was born to walk alone. But I've made up my mind. . .I ain't wastin no more time. . .cause here I go again. . .screaming guitars in the background. . .did you hear them?
Sorry I hate it when those old songs get in my head like that. . .I just needed to get that out. ahem. .anyway no whining this weekend!!! Like one of my roommates in college used to say "you want some cheese with that whine!"

We need a strategy girls; instead of complaining we will follow the plan. The plan is as follows:
  1. I will swallow my whine and complaint and I will think of something I am grateful for cuz God gave me the thing I am complaining about
  2. I will not only think of something I am grateful for, I will say it out loud!
  3. I will try to think of something to change the conversation when those around me complain. . .the high road girls, take the high road!
  4. I will do my very best to shine like a star in the universe. . .and if I don't do my best. . .I will become a falling star! Just kidding. . .read some verses or something if you feel a complaint coming on!
  5. Last but really not least, pray and thank God for all you have and all that you are, because He deserves it!
Comment if you are taking the challenge. It's not fair if you start on Sunday and write and say you did great! :) See, don't give me nuthin to complain about!

No comments: