Menu Plan Monday - Calorie Counting Ready!

A little update on my family. We are fighting the flu. So far I am the only survivor. I am stating that this nice menu just might change. :)

The other thing about this menu is that I am trying to lose weight. So far, in two weeks I have lost seven pounds. I have been counting my calories. I have a hard time with "portion distortion" so counting my calories has helped a lot.

Some of my resources have been my "Lose It" App on my iphone, and a Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate Counter book that I bought from Wal Mart. All of these recipes should please everyone. . .hopefully! :) Also, Sparkpeople has been a source of encouragement to me in giving me lots of information on watching what you eat.

Monday - Whole Chicken cooked in the crockpot all day/brown rice
Tuesday - Turkey Burgers, black beans with lime juice and cilantro
Wednesday - Prince Charming's Birthday - hmmm. still pondering
Thursday - Bratwurst and Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage for me
Friday - Apricot Glazed Chicken, fresh broccoli, brown rice
1 cup Smucker's sugar free apricot preserves
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Smart Start
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp black pepper
Combine preserves, oj and Smart Start. Rub chicken breasts with marinade combination. Sprinkle pepper on top. Place chicken in a roasting pan. Cook for 20 minutes, basting the chicken with excess glaze every 5 minutes.

I have been reading Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser coach), Master the Metabolism and Making the Cut. This was one of the many recipes in Making the Cut.
Saturday - Leftovers
Sunday - taco salad (Turkey taco salad for me)

comparison of calories that I have recently discovered:
80/20 ground beef 290 calories per 4 ounce servings
85% lean ground turkey 170 calories per 4 ounce servings (3 ounce cooked weight)

When you are on a 1174 calorie diet, every calorie counts! :) Sorry for all of the extra information, but I have had to brainwash myself to count my calories.

Have a great and blessed day!

1 comment:

rachel @ springpad said...

That apricot glazed chicken sounds delicious, I'm definitely going to have to try making it soon! You should check out springpad's weekly meal planner, it's a great way to organize all of your menus and recipes (like this one, yum! http://bit.ly/3D6top) and I think you'd really like it.