Keeping Communication and Encouragement at the Heart of the Home


Valentine's Day has come and gone. . .the pressure if off of the guys and the moms can get back to normalcy. This year, we used Valentine's as an opportunity to kick off some good communication and encouragement in our home. I purchased these mailboxes at Target before Valentine's Day and we decorated them for Gretel's class. It was a really fun thing and now we are using them at home to give each other mail.

I don't know about you, but I love getting mail, especially sweet notes from my kids. We each have our own mailbox and the love just continues. If you have ideas on how you have improved communication and encouragement in your home, I would love to hear from you.

As always, check out more Works for Me Wednesday ideas at Shannon's blog, Rocks in My Dryer.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love fun ideas like this and can't wait to do stuff like this when I have little ones a bit older. Thanks for the idea, I'll just tuck it away for future use!

CC said...

What a sweet idea!!

Jess said...

Found you via Everyday Mommy. Wow...this is something my mother did with me when I was younger. What a great idea. :)

Melanie said...

Wow! What a great idea! I love it!

Kathryn Bonner said...

Oh Desiree you are SO AWESOME!!!! This is THE coolest idea! Now that I am an empty nester I will have to pass this stuff on to my daughters. My oldest (Tabby) is trying to get pregant, and my youngest Kellie Ann, they are just starting to "think" about it! You are SO creative! Maybe I could do this with my husband?? Uh, probably not, hee hee!
Take care girl!
Kathryn

Anonymous said...

I love the mailbox idea! How awesome is that!!!